Monday 20 July 2015

Panda with Branches, Baby, Female

Good morning.  

I'm sharing a baby card with you today, but as you can see it's not your traditional pale pink or pale blue!





I've had this design in my head for a very long time, but it's still nothing like I expected it to be...  Funny how it works out like that.

Here's a quick 'how to' guide...

Stamp edges of Kraft card with Kaisercraft Film Edges Texture Clear Stamp in black ink.

Cut a piece of white card a little smaller in size than the card base, distress around the edges with a Paper Distresser Tool and glue into place.

Cut a green piece of card smaller than the white one and emboss using a Darice Bamboo Embossing Folder.  Glue at an angle.

Cut the largest tag from the PaperSmooches Gift Tag 2 set, using Watercolour Card.

Stamp on 'Baby Bamboo' from the Crafter's Companion rubber stamp set using Stazon ink.  Once dry, use Distress Inks to watercolour.

Mount tag at an angle using Foam Pads.

Cut out two branches using the Memory Box 'Grove Branch' die and glue into place.

Cut three flowers from the Elizabeth Crafts 'Bunch of Flowers' set, mold into shape and glue into place.

Cut three stamens from the Memory Box 'Fabulous Phlox' die , shape and glue into place.

Add the sentiment, three Morning Dew Drops and one black peg...


*********************


I love the slightly grunge feel to this card.  When I have the time I plan on making a blue version - I wonder how that one will turn out?

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Cuttlebug Mania, who are doing a Tic Tac Toe challenge...
(I've gone for Baby Theme, Emboss, Lots of Layers)




Simply Create Too (Challenge #90) 'For A Precious Child'...

 Time Out challenges (Challenge #35) 'Nature with the Optional Twist of Animals'

... and CAS-UAL chic




Hope you have a good week :)

Donna...

22 comments:

  1. Donna, love this gorgeous tag baby card, what a cute image, unusual design and colors. Fantastic.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam. Glad you like it. I haven't made a detailed card for a while and I was missing it! It's quite 'grungy', but I'm pleased how it turned out :)
      Hope you're doing okay...

      Delete
  2. Great design, Donna, and each detail is wonderful! Die cuts, embossing, a tag - everything! Love it!
    I also have this embossing folder - gotta use it more.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olga :)
      I have to confess this is my first time using this folder! It was just so 'spot on' to go with my baby panda stamp. Glad you like it :)

      Delete
    2. I have also used it 2 or 3 times - just enjoy having it in my collection :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Ruth.
    Don't really mind if I win or not... I just like meeting new designers and getting feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    great card
    thanks for joining us at cuttle bug mania
    hugs Lisbeth
    DT-cuttle bug mania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisbeth :)
      Thanks for being kind enough to leave a comment.
      Glad I've found your challenge site :)
      Donna

      Delete
  5. I really like you went with this green and all this texture is fab and great to see you at TO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandie.
      So many different challenges... So little time :)
      Glad you like the card!
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, this couldn't be any cuter! Absolutely love that little panda and the dark branches and bamboo embossing is perfection! So very glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely compliment, Shona :)
      Can't go wrong pairing a panda with bamboo!
      Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  7. I love this card, it's super cute and I love the way you layer. 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      This was a 'must buy' stamp for me when I saw it!

      Delete
  8. What a fabulous design! The image is so cute and I LOVE that you embossed the background with bamboo - perfect for the baby Panda.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. First time playing along at Simply Create Too. Will come again. Glad you like the card :)

      Delete
  9. Ooooh, I love the panda with the bamboo embossing! So cute! Thanks for playing along with us at the CAS-ual Chic Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie :)
      Loving the new challenge blog. X

      Delete
  10. awwww!!! a panda!!! so adorbs!
    Thank you so much for taking part of the CAS-ualchic Challange

    Stay happy stay creative,
    ZOEY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Zoe :)
      Appreciate you taking the time to let me know you liked my panda design.

      Delete
  11. It's so amazing card! Love the layers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elena. Glad you like it :)

      Delete