Wednesday 26 July 2017

Christmas Box, Wrapped Star, Kraft

Just a quick post today as, splints or not, I need to start catching up with you all on your Social Media platforms.

It's a 'Tattered Lace' box - decorated with one of the newest dies from the latest Poppystamps collection.  
I've used the 'Wrapped Star' here...  along with some 'Holiday Holly' from last year's release...  and I've also snuck in the Memory Box 'Snowdrift Breeze' on the silver panel.





This was an experiment to see if 'bling' could be achieved in a more 'au naturel' design.
Not my taste as I prefer things simpler...  but I've learned along the way that just because I don't like it doesn't mean that somebody, somewhere else won't.  
So I'll put it on my craft stall and see what happens.
We are all uniquely different, after all!!!


Here's a quick 'how to' recipe for how this was made - starting with the bottom layer...

Corrugated base with texture paste in corners.
Two rows of glitter ribbon added with red liner tape.
Some offset brown scraps of card that just peer off the edges a little.
An embossed, (Sheena Douglas 'Festive') matt silver square, with added detail from the Memory Box 'Snowdrift Breeze'.
Green, spotty Hemp ribbon - attached with Hot Glue.
Jute string in a random swirl.
Three of the 'Wrapped Stars' (cut from the same brown card as before) - not glued together identically so no matching inside lines!  These were sprayed with Silver Glitter spray, then had silver cord wrapped around the middle once dry...  
Add the bell to the star with string before gluing into place, then add water coloured (and varnished) leaves and a little jute bow.



This was made to play along with the latest Poppystamps Challenge...

Poppystamps
PSC #34


...  and as it also 'fits the bill' I'm entering it into this challenge, too!

Simon Says/Monday
You've Got The Edge






It's a wet and soggy day here today.  On the plus side...  at least the plants won't need watering!

Bye for now...

Donna. x

18 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous and love all the texture and the subtle bling. Eye catching and I am sure it will do well on your stall x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow gorgeous make Donna, beautiful layers full on textures, love the centre star and wonderful colours.
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally mess up layering anything, except the simplest things,Donna... you've got it ALL here, my friend, and it looks spectacular, and topped with that darling little red jingle-bell! Just fabulous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, Michele.
      Splints arrived today - yippee! Hoping using them whilst on computer will mean I can do more for longer. Will catch up some more tomorrow. Xxx

      Delete
  4. This is such a pretty Christmas box. I love all the texture and the design is beautiful. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its totally gorgeous Donna, that star might be a 'must have' sort of die and it looks like its just fallen and gently landed on the lid box complete with a little red bell - perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing Donna! I love all the texture and detail here. If you gave me this I would never open it to see what's inside.. mesmerized with the outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just the sweetest, Jeanne.
      Thank you. 🙂🙂🙂

      Delete
  7. It's a fantastic piece of art, Donna! Seriously! I LOVE it! And I am also really impressed with your photography - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, lovely . . . great result.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meh... not lovely!
      But thanks anyway, Sarn!
      xxx

      Delete