Monday 16 July 2018

Cherish The Memory, Repurposed Cacao Container, Mixed Media

I'm so happy to be able to share my first design with you all as a member of the Cherish The Memory Design Team.


*

This started off life as an empty cacao container.

I hope you like it...

















*


Supplies used...


StudioLight














*


After cleaning the inside of the container my first job was to remove the bar code from underneath -  
simple enough to do with a touch of rubbing alcohol.

Then cover the container with a piece of paper cut to size - leaving just a tiny overlap.  I distressed the edges of my paper first, and glued it just a bit at a time to ensure it had a good bond with minimal air bubbles.  

Once dry, I simply covered it with Holtz Distress Collage Medium (Crackle).

Then I added the cog image, followed by the frame cut from the die...  and built it up from there.



The cogs I've added are covered in Rusting Powder.
Please feel free to email me if you need any more info on those or want to know how to achieve that technique.



The final step was to add the tags. 


*

The lid to this container has a lip on so it's easy to remove and add whatever you want.

What would you use it for, I wonder?



*



Thank you so much for stopping by today...

Donna. x

4 comments: