Tuesday 31 July 2018

Cherish The Memory, Wall Plaque, Mixed Media


I'm sharing a very simple Mixed Media project with you today...  but it's one of those ideas that has a multitude of uses.










A simple pairing of some images that can be layered up combined with that most gorgeous Feathers Frame creates the basis of a panel that can be equally at home as a piece of wall art, a card front, a notebook cover, the cover for a lever arch file - just to give you a few ideas!

I've simply sandwiched a piece of hessian between a few layers of very thick card - making sure that my hanging loop at the top stays nice and secure with some red liner tape and copious amounts of strong glue.

Once dry, I've added a piece of Gems and Peacock Paper that's been cut to size.
 I've slightly distressed the edges with a Distressed Paper Tool and added just a hint of Texture Paste to the top right and bottom left corners. 

Then I've added the image that I've layered up with the Feather Frame die cut.

 Did you see the hessian string that I added that's been woven in and out of those tiny perforations that you get on this particular die cut sheet of images?

 A piece of cord at the top for it all to hang from, plus two tiny staples in the
'Fly Away With Me'
quote at the bottom... 

and this mini work of art is complete!


*

Supplies Used...


StudioLight












*


I hope I've inspired you with my 'out of the box' thinking for a wall art project.

Can you imagine just how fabulous these could look in your craft room?




I hope so!


*



Donna. x

2 comments:

  1. Love this Donna, so you..love the layout and colours and fabulous design.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my very lovely friend.
      Hugs...
      X

      Delete