Wednesday 29 August 2018

Penny Black, Poinsettia Tag, Guest DT 2018

I have the simplest of designs to share with you today as I continue with my Guest DT for 

I say simple as I've kept it minimal.

Why?

 To showcase the beauty of the Poinsettia Stamp and matching Die Set that's part of the 
Penny Black 2018 Christmas release.


Let me show you...










Supplies used:


Penny Black/Stamp

Christmas Poinsettia      40-649



Penny Black/Dies

Xmas Poinsettia Cut Out      51-474
Mitten Stocking      51-465





I have quite simply taken some red textured card stock from my collection and stamped on using (White Shimmer) Delicata Ink.

I've then lined up the Stamp with the matching Die Set and run it through the machine - then cut a second die cut for what will become the back of the tag.

The centre of the flower has been covered using 'Ranger' Texture Paste and the leaves have been inked using Holtz/Distress (Forest Moss).





*


Here's a quick tip on how to assemble the tag...

Cut out three small circles of card and sandwich them together, but before gluing them cut out a small wedge from all three that's just big enough to house the string/hanging twine you intend to hang the tag by.

Now glue the circles together.

Take your back piece of the tag, and making sure that it's the right way up glue the circle to the centre.

 Then add the ends of the twine into the wedge and glue those into place.

Now add the foliage.

And now glue the front of the tag into position.  





This method creates a 'sandwich' that secures the string into position.

It also helps by virtually eliminating the crease mark you might otherwise get from the hanging twine.


*



I will be revisiting this stamp and die combination with a twist in one of my future posts!



Enjoy your day...


*




Donna. x

No comments:

Post a Comment