Tuesday 20 November 2018

Craft Consortium, Junk Box, Mixed Media

Every crafter has a 'hotchpotch' collection of odds and ends from previous projects, don't they?

So what better way to use some of them up than to create a Junk Box?
(Well, it is made up of unwanted leftovers, so what else should I call it)?!



Here it is.

It's not as bad as it sounds...  honest!

















The biggest challenge was how to make that green twine work for me.  I've got three rolls of the stuff so figured I had to do something to make a start on using them up!


And yes, I freely admit I just added the sequins as I also have more of them than I know what to do with.

But sometimes a girl just has to have a bit of fun when creating, don't you think?



*




On the upside, it is actually a box you can open...  so you could always use it as a gift box if nothing else.


Feeling inspired to make your own Junk Box?




Here's a link to the Craft Consortium Paper Pad that I used to decorate it with...
(Mixed Media products used include dry brushed Gesso, Gilding Wax and Texture Paste).



The Essential Craft Papers






*

Please do get in touch if you have any questions...





Donna. x

4 comments:

  1. Wow..Donna, Gorgeous mixed media covered box. I see NO junk though! TFS your beauty. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Nancy. Lol... I had an absolute blank on what to call it, so ‘Jink Box’ it was!
      In my defence, I’m pretty sure my husband sees my craft hoard as junk, but bless him... he doesn’t throw any piece of product packaging away without checking with me first.
      Mixed Media is far more therapeutic than card making for me. You can’t really go wrong if you can chuck texture paste and gilding wax at a project. That’s my theory, anyway!
      X

      Delete