Friday 15 September 2017

Christmas Tag, Noel, Partial Snowflake

Tag You're It is back!!!

And what better way for me to say hello to you all on behalf of my very lovely team mates than to remind you that (like it or not) Christmas is coming...

Did I hear groans or 'whoops' coming from you, I wonder?

I have a very glittery tag to show you today...





...  and it's based this week on inspiration from the very lovely Tracey McNeely.




Now isn't that inky loveliness if ever there was any?



You may be wondering just how on earth my design came from this, but in reality that's an easy one to answer...


You see, Tracey's choice of stamp reminded me of a snowflake as soon as I saw it - and I had the perfect intricate die in mind.
So I turned things on their heads a little by pairing it with a tag that's not a tag, made the main focus  white by hiding similar colours to Tracey's tag underneath my main design and I made a feature of the sentiment, too.
Yet for all of that I've still got an equal amount of lovely 'white' space - even with two sequins that may have worked their way in somehow!


So how did I make my tag?


Let me tell you the supplies I used first...


*


Supplies Used:

Dies:
Penny Black - 'A Pocket Full'
Memory Box - 'Dazzling Snowflake'
Sizzix/Holtz Thinlits - 'Vintage Tidings'


Holtz/Distress Inks:
Hickory Smoke
Seedless Preserves
Dusty Concord

Other:
Sequins
Cord
Glitter Card - Black
Crafter's Companion/Spray & Sparkle Glitter Varnish - Silver


*


Take two scraps of card that are big enough to cut the notepaper die from and run them separately through your die cutting machine.

On one, ink up randomly and quite lightly with Hickory Smoke.
Add some water droplets (I just use wet hands and shake or clap them over the top), dab up the water with a paper towel and leave to dry.  Add more ink if desired and more water droplets until happy with the overall effect.
Then, once dry, place the snowflake die so that it's centre is fairly close to the edge and it's top is peeking out a little over the top edge of the tag.  Tape into place with slightly tacky tape (to prevent paper tearing on removal) and run through your die cut machine.
Then spray with Silver Glitter Varnish.

On the other, add random blobs of Seedless Preserves and Dusty Concord.

Glue the two tag shapes together.
(You will notice that I took the decision to turn one of my tag shapes back to front before applying ink so that the two don't quite marry up at the top.  It's a personal preference thing as I wanted a slightly more distressed look.  I also removed a small section at the top to let the colour underneath show through a little more).

Cut out the sentiment die three times and glue them all together.
Then once dry, glue into place...

Add a hole in the corner for the cord...

And add two sequins.



So there you have it.
A tag that isn't a tag...  that is a tag.

And why not?


*


I hope you have the time to come and join us.
We've gone back to our old format - so don't forget to check in on the main challenge page to see the closing date!


'Bye for now...

Donna. x

8 comments:

  1. Glittery and gorgeous for the tag that isn't??? x Fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I just meant it's not tagged shaped in the traditional sense of the word! 🤣
      Thanks for stopping by today, Mac... x

      Delete
  2. Wonder tag/card Donna, love the snowflake die with beautiful colours peeking through, perfect finishing with your Noel.
    love the sparkle and glitter too.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what an absolutely gorgeous little tag. I love that snowflake die with the colours behind it coupled with your 'Noel' sentiment and it gives it a real 'wow' design x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind, Claire. Thank you. 😊
      Are you on Instagram at all?
      If so, let me know so I can find you! 🙂

      Delete
    2. Hi Donna, sorry only just seen this. I'm not on Instagram and you're more than welcome for my comment, you're work is stunning and love popping by x

      Delete
    3. Not a problem... Il'l just try and follow you on your blog instead. Do you have it set up for email notifications - for when you post something new?
      I'll try and remember to look later. So behind on commenting! x

      Delete