Wednesday 19 September 2018

Penny Black, 3D Poinsettia Tag, Guest DT 2018

 I'm revisiting the gorgeous Poinsettia die - with matching stamp (sold separately) that Penny Black have recently released...

(Click here to go straight to the Penny Black 2018 Christmas catalogue).



...  only this time I've come up with a 3D option.


And as I've already made a simple red offering (see here), I thought it only fitting to change up the colours, too!





So how was this one made?




Firstly, cut out 3 Xmas Poinsettia Cut Out die shapes.

Then, using Snowflake Medley, stamp the die cuts with Ranger/Perfect Medium (or similar) and cover/heat set using Ranger/White Embossing Powder.





Once cooled down, use Holtz/Distress Ink (Walnut Stain) to stamp on Christmas Poinsettia.

(You will need to do this to all 3 stamped die cuts).





Then (using this photo as a guide) cut out this shape by hand.

(Thankfully, you've only got to do this once)!


Please do as I have suggested in the photo and scribble out the sections you won't need prior to cutting.  
It gets very confusing trying to differentiate what's what otherwise.





Once the hard part is done, colour all 3 Poinsettia pieces with Holtz/Distress Oxide (Hickory Smoke).



Then, cut and colour foliage from Mitten Stocking using the following Holtz/Distress Ink colours:

Mowed Lawn 
 Twisted Citron





Glue the Poinsettia together with the foliage, then add Ranger/Texture Paste to the centre of the 'flower'.


Once dry, add Ranger/Stickles (Icicle) to the foliage and the centre...



...  Then your twine.




And you are finished.






*



Supplies used:


Penny Black/Stamps

Christmas Poinsettia      40-649
Snowflake Medley     40-640


Penny Black/Dies

Xmas Poinsettia Cut Out      51-474
Mitten Stocking      51-465





*


Two very different style tags.

Both Poinsettia's...



Which one do you prefer, I wonder?




*





Donna. x

4 comments:

  1. Hello Donna, pretty poinsetta and I personally love it in the grey much better than the traditional red. I think if it was this colour in real life I'd buy one, I love how just cutting out the middle petals makes a huge difference. Lots of these on a Christmas tree would look fabulous :) Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Claire. Hope you are keeping well.
      Let me know if you are on IG as I would love to see what you are up to in ‘Craft Land’.
      It would have to be a very small tree, I think. My hands couldn’t take all that cutting!
      Grey is growing on me (and my head) as I get older!
      Missing the sunshine!
      Donna.
      X

      Delete
  2. well, NOW you've done it!! Oh Donna! Did you know I'd love this so? Outstanding creation, my friend!
    =]

    ReplyDelete