Friday 8 December 2017

Frantage Christmas Tag, Distressed Star, Believe

I have had a truly wonderful time being a DT member of Tag, You're It!
But sadly the time has come to close down this challenge.

So here's my last tag for 'Tag You're It Friday'...




...  Inspired by this lovely, simple, distressed little number by Leigh Penner.





I've used two colours of Distress Embossing Powder on the sentiment - which has been embossed through my 'Crease' folder as I like to call it.

The silver Folk Star (Poppystamps) is made up of three glued layers of Mirri card which I've sanded down before daubing on clear Embossing Ink.  I then added Frantage 'Chunky White' and glitter elements - which were carefully heat set into place!  (Heat from underneath initially as it will all blow away otherwise)!!!

Added the whole thing to a bigger offset star (MFT Star STAX) that had been layered up a few times for durability, splattered on some Picket Fence Distress Paint and then added more Frantage...  which was slightly too much despite my best efforts!
  But never fear - I just grabbed my sanding block and toned it down a bit...  I was aiming for a 'distressed' look, after all!

Punched a hole straight through the Star, threaded through the bell...

Job done!



Not sure if it's clear in the photo but I did actually cut the Folk Star in half before adding the sentiment.  The 2-3mm gap in between makes all the difference to the shape of the Star as it surrounds the word 'Believe'. 




Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by today.
And if you've ever played along with us you get my heartfelt thanks, too...  

Of course, I love making tags far too much to just quit and stop making them!



So will you join us for our last challenge?

We would love to see you there...







Donna. x

6 comments:

  1. That's the way, Donna! You are fantastic at creating these mini-marvels! This is indicative of your clever tag-making mind! LOve the snow, and your gorgeous stars!
    Tag Your It has been lucky to have you on their team!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, sweet friend.
      Thank you so much for stopping by today.
      Stay warm...
      💕❄️😘

      Delete
  2. Fabulous star tag Donna, funny two minds! I have been frantageing too..for end of the month lol
    Love the added red bell.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam.
      I only ever dust off my Frantage for Christmas projects as I only have it in white.
      You?
      Been up since 3.30am but was asleep by 8.30pm! Is this a sign of old age?
      Ask hubby... he's bound to know! 🤣🤣🤣

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks heaps, Leigh.
      Couldn't have done it without your inspiration. X

      Delete