Monday 15 October 2018

8x8 Display Piece, 50th, Easel Backed

I was asked to make an Easel Backed 'Display Piece' for a 50th birthday...  and the theme was skulls, flowers, black, white and bubblegum pink.

Thank goodness for downloadable images is all I can say!



But do you know what?


I actually really enjoyed putting this design together...  once I had a game plan.



Here it is...







I thoroughly enjoyed 'messing with layers' and 'embracing the 'imperfectly perfect' for this design.


I did deviate a little from the design brief, though...  Can you tell that those die cuts are a deep, dark brown rather than a black?




*


The base has been inked using Distress Oxide (Black Soot), which I've then splattered with water and allowed to dry before adding Ranger/Distress Collage Medium - Crazing.

I've spray varnished flowers with silver glitter specks built in to the formula, added distressed edges,  silver gilding wax, gems and silver thread - and those flowers were inked up first using Tsukineko/Memento (Rose Bud).

There's even a touch of Tsukineko/Brilliance (Lightning Black) on the ragged sentiments. 



*


I'm entering this in to the following challenges:


LeighSBDesigns 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop

bleedingartchallenge.blogspot.com





I do hope you like it as much as I do!


*


Donna. x

27 comments:

  1. Your Easel display piece is fabulous Donna, love the design, colours and embelishments....yes I can see your die cut card is dark brown, not black!

    Val, LeighSBDesigns DT x


    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous 50th display piece. Those pink flowers really set it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great design, downloadable elements come in so handy don’t they :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a masterpiece. I am sure whoever easel piece is going to be blown away! Great colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous color combo! Lovely design. This came out
    really spooktacular and she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic - that is just awesome and I love the shock of pink :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wicked cool, love all the elements you used to create the layout! Thanks for the joining the spooktivities at LeighSBDesigns 31 Days of Halloween! Hop the entries and enjoy the show to be in the running for the spooktacular prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a fantastic job you did!! This is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous project! Be sure to link back to us at Bleeding Art - thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous project and thank you for joining the Bleeding Art Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous, love the design. Thank you for joining us over at Bleeding Art Challenge. Good Luck
    Hugs
    Linda xxx
    Bleeding Art DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome! I love the color schemes!

    ReplyDelete