Monday 23 April 2018

Craft Consortium Decoupage Tray, Layered Patterns

I never make anything for me.  

I don't know why that is.  

I normally make something just for 'making its sake' or because it's a project for a DT I'm on.



So this is a rarity for me -

But you may recognise this paper pairing from a different project I worked on!




Let me show you...






Close ups...










And one 'shabby chic' daisy...






This 'lives' in my craft room and is where I store the newest release that Craft Consortium kindly sends to me for DT work.  



Notice the layered patterned paper?

I guess possibly not if you are unfamiliar with their designs.















Now do you see what I've done?

I've layered the papers - one on top of the other.



Of course what I love most about this is the illusion of depth it gives.   

White acrylic paint, a few die cuts, silver gilding wax and plenty of spray varnish...  Who would have thought that this started off as the ugliest of dark green trays?


Shabby chic really is such fun to make.  


*

Will you be inspired to give this idea a go, I wonder?

Craft Consortium already have so many lovely decoupage papers available, plus some new ones that have just been added to the range.



As always, thank you so much for stopping by today...


*

Donna. x

4 comments:

  1. Aw wonderful tray you decorated! how nice you keep this for yourself.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam.
      I’ve been streamlining my Craft area on and off for a while now. The more user friendly it is the easier it is to work in.
      Sunny, but cold here today.
      Hugs to you, too. X

      Delete
  2. It's high time you made something for YOU! This truly is a keeper, Donna! LOve that wood-grained paper!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s probably far too muted for most people, but it suits my craft space to perfection.
      Thank you, lovely. 😊

      Delete