Monday 10 September 2018

Penny Black, Noel, Guest DT 2018

I've mixed and matched a whole bunch of different ideas for today's tag - brought to you as I continue with my Guest DT for the 
2018 Christmas release.

Which do you notice first, I wonder?







Is it that the word 'Noel' has every element hanging off the branch above like Christmas ornaments?

Is it that I've swapped out the wreath for the 'O' in Noel in favour of a Jingle Bell?

or

Is it that the Jingle Bell looks rather like a Christmas Pudding?




I wonder...




*


I started this tag by stamping Birches in the following colours:


Tsukineko

Grey Flannel
London Fog



I used my Stamp Positioner tool to enable me to build up the layers of colour - and if you look you'll notice that I masked off the heart and then reintroduced it using Tsukineko Rhubarb Stalk, followed by Ranger/Clear Embossing Powder.




My Jingle Bells Trio uses the lowest of the bells, stamped very lightly initially using Holtz/Distress (Hickory Smoke).

With the aid of my Stamping Positioner I then used the following two colours:


Holtz/Distress

Hickory Smoke
Black Soot


and once water spritzed and dried



Delicata

White Shimmer.




Add some Ranger/Texture Paste using the Snow Dance stencil, then decorate the bell using the holly and berry die from Xmas Poinsettia Cut Out - adding red gems from your stash for the berries.




Cut out Wreath Noel twice and glue the layers of each letter together - leaving the wreath and bow to one side for a future project.

Add thin black string to each letter - and the bell...  then using a pokey tool make small holes along the top branch of your tag and thread each string through.



Glue the letters and the bell into place, then cut a second tag shape and glue it to the back - hiding the thread ends from view.




And there you have it!



*



Supplies used:




Penny Black/Stamps

40-636     Birches
40-659     Jingle Bells Trio



Penny Black/Dies

51-467     Wreath Noel
51-474     Xmas Poinsettia Cut Out



Penny Black/Stencil

25-009     Snow Dance


*




I do hope you are enjoying a little glimpse into the world of tags and that I'm being a good host to you!

If I've left any information out or if you have any questions, please do feel free to get in touch.



*



Donna. x

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Greg. I take great delight in never knowing what style I'll end up with until finished. It's part of the process, I guess.
      Appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete