Friday 14 September 2018

Penny Black, CAS Robin Tag, Guest DT 2018

I have a single, solitary robin to share with you today as I continue with my Guest DT for 






This is a Clean And Simple (CAS) design, but I have still managed to sneak in a little texture!


See those berries with a touch of red acrylic paint and the texture on that gingerbread man?

Just run your die cut through the machine again using a well loved cutting plate and you'll get similar results!






To begin with, I've used the Penny Black die Tagged and cut out two die cuts that I've then glued together - simply because I like my tags to have a little durability to them.

I've then stamped Birches very lightly using Holtz/Distress ink (Hickory Smoke).



The robin was water coloured using the following Tim Holtz/Distress colours:

Ground Expresso
Hickory Smoke
Festive Berries
Aged Mahogany



Once dry, simply add a layer of Ranger/Distress Collage Medium - Matt 
(and a small black gem for the eye).




Next, die cut the Holly Sprig and colour using Holtz/Distress (Forest Moss).



Then die cut the Gingerbread Man and layer up the following Holtz/Distress colours to achieve a golden brown colour:

Spiced Marmalade
Walnut Stain
Gathered Twigs
Pumice Stone


...  and just like the robin, add a layer of Ranger/Distress Collage Medium - Matt.




  
Before you assemble the tag using the robin that you've cut and coloured you'll need to stamp it again using Tsukineko/Versafine (Smokey Gray).

(Stamp straight onto the tag so that the robin will have some legs once you've glued it into position)!


Then gauge where you would like your Holly and Gingerbread Man to hang and draw on the string using the thin end of a Holtz/Distress Marker Pen (Gathered Twigs).



Do not glue anything into position yet!


Not until the tag has had a coat of Ranger/Distress Collage Medium - Crazing added to it.



Then...

Assemble the tag as shown.



*




Supplies used:



Penny Black/Stamps

40-636     Birches
40-642     Cheerful Christmas




Penny Black/Dies

51-465     Mitten Stocking
51-007     Tagged


*



This tag somehow manages to convey a real sense of stillness and peace that I personally just adore - 

so much so that I won't be sharing this tag with anyone but me!




Click here, and perhaps you'll find a die (or a stamp or two) that cause you to make something you 

don't want to part with either!







I won't tell if you don't!




*

Donna. x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Donna, love the layout and that beautiful robin.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete