Wednesday 12 September 2018

Cherish The Memory, Winter Trails, Gift Bag

I love mixing and matching different elements in a quest to make something pretty.

Perhaps it's some kind of challenge I set for myself on a subliminal level...  I don't know.

But what I do know is that when it all comes together there is a sense of achievement.


Is this something you recognise in yourself, I wonder? 




Today's project uses scrap corrugated card that came as a protective layer on my photo boards, plus a plastic net bag that had mini cheese in it - how's that for the basis of a project?


But with a few sequins, die cut snowflakes, pom poms and scrap card left overs it is possible...  as long as you have some ephemera to tie it all together.


And what better than to use the beautiful backing papers, scrapbook papers, die cut books and various other beauties that Cherish The Memory sell?



Here's my mixed media/rustic project for today...










I did dry brush a layer of white gesso on to the bag before decorating it and I have used texture paste on the ephemera to give the illusion of snow - which obviously lends itself to a more muted effect in terms of colour.



*

StudioLight





*


There is so much more to these die cut block books than simply using them for cards.

What will you use them for, I wonder?





Thanks for stopping by...


Donna. x

No comments:

Post a Comment