Tuesday 28 November 2017

Craft Consortium, Winter Woodland, Decoupage + Twine Christmas Card

I just love the Tartan Decoupage Paper that Craft Consortium sells, so for today's project 
I combined it with the wonderfully illustrated Winter Woodland paper pad...
...  and some of the front cover... 
...  inside front cover...
...  lace, twine, ribbon, toppers, resin flowers and a leaf.  

And I've thrown in some stitched die detailing, fussy cutting and distressed edges all for good measure.

This girl likes to add texture to her layered work, you know!





Here's a small breakdown of the base layer before I added the tag, twine and resin embellishments...


*




Start of with the Decoupage paper cut to size and glue into place.

Then cut the smaller square of white patterned paper.  (Acorn and Blue Berry Sprig) to size...  but DO NOT glue it down yet!

Cut a piece of Deer paper to the same size as the Acorn and Blue Berry Sprig, then using that piece of paper cut out two partial Stitched Circles shapes - using dies from your stash.  
Then glue this piece to the Acorn piece.

Cut a further partial Circle from the front cover of the paper pad and glue that into place as shown.

Once dry...

Distress the edges and glue into place on the card front.






Then...

Add a smaller Stitched Circle as shown top right.

Nest, cut a thin rectangular strip from the inside of the front packaging to size, add lace to it and then glue it into place as shown.

Then add the fussy cut Green Trailing topper, followed by an even smaller die cut Circle bottom left.


*



The rest should be self explanatory, but please feel free to email me if you have any questions...



I always use spray adhesive when adding decoupage papers to my craft work - with the exception of the first base layer on this card.

Why was this layer treated differently?

Because I wanted that 'loose edge' look, so I chose to use wet glue far away from that outside edge - knowing full well that it would be covered by those smaller square layers.

(There's a method to my madness, you know)!





*

Craft Consortium supplies used:

Winter Woodland

Decoupage Papers:

*

Other

Stitched Circle Die
Spray Adhesive
Wet Glue


*


I do hope that my 'out of the box' thinking with the twine being used as an embellishment hasn't scared you off!




Enjoy your day...


Donna. x

No comments:

Post a Comment